- LL.B (Hons) (University of Colombo)
- LL.M (Georgetown University)
- Ph.D (University of Colombo)
♦ Attorney at Law of the Supreme Court of Sri Lanka
♦ Intellectual Property Law
♦ International Investment Law
♦ Environmental Law and Sustainable Development
♦ International Trade Law
♦ Intellectual Property,
♦ Environmental Law
♦ International Investment Law
- The SATA international law prize (joint winner, 2005) for the best essay to be published in the Asian Yearbook of International Law 2006 by an Asian writer under the age of 35.
- The SEDA accreditation, granted by the Staff and Educational Development Association, UK, for achieving the requisite standard in the portfolio on staff development conducted by the Staff Development Centre of the University of Colombo, in 2006.
- The Fulbright Junior Scholarship Award (2003-2004) to fund a program of post-graduate study in the USA. This was awarded by the US-Sri Lanka Fulbright Commission.
- Partial Tuition Waiver of fees for the Master in Laws Program, granted by Georgetown University, Washington DC, USA, in 2003.
- The Walter and Judith Pinto Memorial Scholarship and Gold Medal, 2001 awarded by the University of Colombo.
- The Mahapola Higher Education (Merit) Scholarship – 1997-2001
- The Julius and Creasy prize for taxation, 2001 (awarded for the best performance in the subject of taxation).
- Certificate of commendation, for obtaining first-class honours at the attorney-at-law final examination, conducted by the Sri Lanka Law College, in December 2001.
- Scholarship awarded by the National Centre for Advanced Studies In Humanities And Social Sciences (NCAS) to pursue a Ph.D degree at the University of Colombo.
- Full grant awarded by the World Intellectual Property Organisation (WIPO) and the World Trade Organization (WTO) to attend a two- week Colloquium for teachers of intellectual property in Geneva, Switzerland, from 28th June 2010 to 9th July 2010 and to make a presentation on the protection of traditional knowledge.
- Full grant awarded by the UNCTAD (United Nations Conference on Trade and Development) Virtual Institute to attend a workshop on the Economic and Legal aspects of International Investment Agreements, held in Bangkok, Thailand, from 28th November -2nd December 2005.
- Secretary, Association of Law Teachers of the University of Colombo (October 2015 onwards)
- Assistant Secretary, Alumni Association of the University of Colombo (June 2015 onwards)
- Member, Alumni Association of the Faculty of Law, University of Colombo.
- Member, Ethics Review Committee, Faculty of Medicine, University of Colombo.
- Lecturer and examiner, Faculty of Graduate Studies, University of Colombo.
- Lecturer and examiner, Department of International Relations, Faculty of Arts, University of Colombo.
- Lecturer and examiner, Master of Human Rights and Democratisation, University of Sydney and University of Colombo.
- Lecturer, course director and examiner, Master of Laws, University of Colombo
- Lecturer, Short Course on Intellectual Property Law conducted by the Institute for Commercial Law and Practice, Sri Lanka.
- Lecturer, Short Course on Investment Law conducted by the Institute for Commercial Law and Practice, Sri Lanka.
- Examiner, Sri Lanka Law College.
- Examiner, Department of Law, University of Jaffna
- Executive and other positions on boards of international, national organizations-
- “Environmental Law of Sri Lanka” – Country Chapter co-authored with Kaushalya Premachandra published in the treatise “Comparative Environmental Laws and Regulations” published by Westlaw for Thomson-Reuters in 2015.
- “The Significance of Plant Variety Legislation in Promoting Economic Growth: An Analysis of the Proposed Law in Sri Lanka”- paper presented at the KLIBEL international conference in Kuala Lumpur in April 2013 and published in the South East Asian Journal of Business, Economics and Law (SEAJBEL), Vol. 2, Iss. 3. June 2013 (web document)
- “Community Rights to Intellectual Property in Asia– from Rhetoric to Consensus” accepted for publication in The Journal of World Intellectual Property (forthcoming issue).
- “The Honeymoon is Over: an Assessment of Judicial Activism in Environmental Cases in Sri Lanka” paper published in the Jindal Global Law Review Vol. 6, Issue 1, (May 2015).
- “Just Deserts – the Consequences of Faulty Environmental Vision” (paper presented at the Academic Sessions of the 60th Anniversary of the Faculty of Law, University of Colombo, 2008, and published in 2013 by the Faculty of Law).
- “TRIPS and the Erosion of Community Rights” (Asian Yearbook of International Law, 2006)
- “TRIPS and the Developing Nation – Tool or Threat?” (Sri Lanka Journal of International Law, 2004)
- “No Why – the Right to Reasons in Sri Lanka” (LST Review of July 2002, published by the Law & Society Trust)
- “Legal Education in Sri Lanka” (LST Review of May 2002, published by the Law & Society Trust)
- “Of Elections and Birth Certificates” – A Local Government Elections Case” (LST Review of February & March 2002, published by the Law & Society Trust)
- “Globalization – Intellectual Property, E-commerce, Labour and Environment” (Sri Lanka Journal of International Law, 2001)
- “The Freeing of the Media – Constitutional Values and the Bogoshi Decision” (Moot Point Legal Review 2000, published by the Centre for Policy Alternatives, Colombo)
- “An Affirmation of the Principles of the Roman-Dutch Law in Selected Areas of the Law of Contract in Sri Lanka: Exception or Rule?” (Paper presented at the Seminar on Mixed Legal Systems in Colombo in December 2005)
Member, Editorial Board, Sri Lanka Journal of International Law, (2004 – 2010)
- “Impacts of the Erosion of Collective Rights on Developing Nations: A Critical Study of the Intellectual Property Rights Regime Post-TRIPS, with Special Focus on Sri Lanka” (Unpublished Ph.D Thesis)
- THE IMPORTANCE OF LEGISLATION AND ENFORCEMENT TO PREVENT WATER POLLUTION IN SRI LANKA – Thesis for M.Sc in Defence Studies, General Sir John Kotelawala Defence University, 2010
LL.M Extended Essays:
- LL.M/2013/005 Protection of Plant Varieties and the Rights of Plant Breeders and Farmers – A Critical Analysis
- LL.M/2013/030 An Analysis of the Legal Framework Governing Geographical Indications in Sri Lanka
- LL.M/2013/047 Protecting Geographical Indications in a New World: A Critical Analysis of the Adequacy of the Current Intellectual Property Regime with Special Focus on Sri Lanka
- LL.M/2013/059 Impact of the current Patent Protection System on Access to Health Care and Medicine: A Developing Country’s Perspective
- LL.M/2013/113 A Critique on the Arbitration Act of Sri Lanka with particular reference to delay in the Process
- LL.M/2011/059 The Protection against Bio Piracy: Need for a sui generis System
- LL.M/2011/124 Genetic Piracy on Fauna and Flora: Protection under IP Law of Sri Lanka
- LL.M/09/047 Arbitration process
- LL.M/09/050 The grant of patent rights for biological resources including plant and animal life- Its impact on developing countries
- LL.M/09/067 Impracticality and Independence of Arbitrators
- LL.M/09/076 Formation of International Trade Contracts – A comparison study of law under CISG and Sri Lanka
♦ Coordinator, Alumni Internship Programme: 2004 – 2010.