Ms. Achalie M. Kumarage
Department of Private and Comparative Law Faculty of Law, University of Colombo,Colombo 03, Sri Lanka. Email: email@example.com, firstname.lastname@example.org
- LL.B. (Hons.) Colombo
- Interpretation of Statutes and Documents
- Law of Delict
- Family Law
- Gender studies and human rights
- Child rights
- Legislative Process
- Interpretation- theory and approaches
- Runner- up- K. C. Kamalasabayson, P.C. Memorial Award for Critical Scholarship in Public Law- 2015 –for the essay themed: “Recourse to the Fundamental Rights Jurisdiction on Arrest: A Trending Attempt to Thwart Criminal Prosecution?”
- ‘Women in Politics in the Face of Gender Neutral Laws: The Sri Lankan Experience with a View to Reform’, in the Junior Bar Law Journal 2016, published by the Bar Association of Sri Lanka.
Study of the Existing Sentencing Practices in Sri Lanka- Member of the research team that submitted the report to the Ministry of Justice, Sri Lanka
- ‘Child’s Right to be Heard in Custody, Access and Guardianship Matters: A Comparative Perspective with a Special Emphasis on the Sri Lankan Experience’, presented at International Conference on Human Rights Citizenship and Democratisation- ICHR Colombo 2016.
- ‘Applicability of Conventional Contract Law Rules to Contracts Made Online: A Critical Analysis of Rules on Offer and Acceptance’ presented at the International Research Conference 2016 organized by Sir John Kotelawala Defence University, Sri Lanka
- ‘The Need for Public Participation in the Legislative Process: A Critical Examination of Law and Process’ was presented at the conference of University of Colombo- 2016.