- LL.B (Hons) Colombo
- LL.M (Harvard)
- M.Phil Candidate (Colombo)
♦ Constitutional Law
♦ International Humanitarian Law
♦ Criminal Law
♦ Freedom of Expression, Freedom of Religion
♦ Constitutional Law
♦ Regional Human Rights
♦ Criminal Justice
♦ Third World Approaches to Public International La
♦ James Souverine Gallo Memorial Scholar 2014/15 – Harvard Law School.
♦ Harvard Human Rights Journal (2014/15),
♦ Washington International Law Journal (2015),
♦ Asian Journal of Humanities and Social Sciences,
♦ Sri Lanka Journal of International Law.
- Regular opinion pieces written by the author on matters of contemporary importance are available at https://danumedawatte.wordpress.com/
- ‘Saints, Militants and Religious Freedom’ – Junior Bar Association (2015)
- ‘Directive Principles of State Policy: A Real Barrier or Fake?’ – Feature Article, CSHR Newsletter, Special Volume December 2012.
- ‘Chasing Tails: Establishing the Right to Truth, Mourning and Compensation’, California Western International Law Journal  at p. 69 (accessible electronically at http://heinonline.org/HOL/Page?handle=hein.journals/calwi46&div=9&start_page=69&collection=journals&set_as_cursor=0&men_tab=srchresults)
- ‘Justice in Dire Straits: Unlawful Pretrial Detainees, Family Members and Legal Remedies’ , Buffalo Human Rights Law Review [2015/16] at p. 189 (available electronically at http://heinonline.org/HOL/Page?handle=hein.journals/bufhr22&div=10&start_page=189&collection=journals&set_as_cursor=1&men_tab=srchresults)
- ‘Road to Hell: Discrimination to Migration to Trafficking of Women’, pending publication in Colombo Law Review (2015) Volume 11.
- ‘Has the Law Disappeared’, Junior Bar Association Law Journal of Sri Lanka, 2013 December at p. 288
- ‘Separation of Powers: A Fairytale in Utopia’. International Conference on Law and Justice, 2012 at p.21.
- ‘Public International Law and Third World Approaches: Back to the Drawing Board’ – presented at the Drew University Young Scholars Conference in June 2015.
- ‘Liability without Céthana: Assessment of Strict Liability from a Buddhist Perspective’, Buddhist Jurisprudence Conference, May 2014.
- ‘Separation of Powers: A Fairytale in Utopia’. International Conference on Law and Justice, 2012
- ‘Micronations: Statehood, Sovereign Equality and Subjects of International Law’
- ‘Right to Higher Education: A Constitutional Possibility’, presented at the Colombo University Symposium on the 5th of October 2013.
- ‘Right to Information’ – Report on Workshop Proceedings of the Sri Lanka Parliament Project
- ‘Hansard and Parliamentary Procedure’ – Report on Workshop Proceedings of the Sri Lanka Parliament Project♦ ‘Constitutionalism’ – Report on Workshop Proceedings of the Sri Lanka Parliament Project, coauthored with Dr. Dinesha Samararatne
- ‘Right to Food Security in Sri Lanka’ – coauthored with Mr. Jagath Gunawardane for Law and Society Trust
- ‘Introduction to UNSCR 1325’ (authored for Centre for the Study of Human Rights)
- ‘Recognizing the Role of Women in Building Peace’ (authored for Centre for the Study of Human Rights)
- ‘Importance of Women’s Participation in Decision-Making in the Reconstruction and Nation-Building Process’ (authored for Centre for the Study of Human Rights)
- ‘Empowering Conflict-Affected Women in Their Socio-Economic Development’ (authored for Centre for the Study of Human Rights)