Ms. E.M.Y.G. Ekanayaka
Department of Private and Comparative Law Faculty of Law, University of Colombo, Colombo 03. Phone:0719112235 email: firstname.lastname@example.org, email@example.com
- LL.B. (Hons.)(University of Colombo)
- Attorney-at Law of the Supreme Court of Sri Lanka
- A Notary Public in the Judicial Zone of Gampaha (Sinhala Language)
- Commissioner for Oaths
- Company Secretary
- Diploma in International Relations, (Top of the Batch), Bandaranayke Centre for International Studies (BCIS), Colombo, Sri Lanka
- Short course in teaching in higher education institutions, ‘Making Teaching Effective’(MaTE 2015) organized by the Staff Development Centre of University of Colombo, Sri Lanka
- Certificate course in Human Resource Management conducted by Institute of Personal Management, Sri Lanka
- Diploma in ICT (B.Dip.ICT) With Distinction Pass Conducted by IDM computer Studies (Pvt) Ltd.
♦ Law of Contracts
♦ Family Law
♦ Land Law
♦ Child Rights
♦ Labour Law
♦ Family Law and Human Rights Law
- Sir Ponnambalam Arunachalam Memorial Prize for the best performance at the Final Degree Examination in Laws held in 2012
- K. Shinya Prize in Laws for the best performance at the Final Degree Examination in Laws held in 2012
- “The Visuvalingam & Rajakunam Buvanasundaram Memorial Gold Medal for Bachelor of Laws, Year IV” for the best performance at the Bachelor of Laws year IV Examination, held in 2012
- A.B. Cooray Memorial Prize for the Best Performance at the Year II Examination in Laws held in 2010
- Chief Justice H.N.G.Fernando Memorial Prize for the best performance in “Constitutional Law II” at the Bachelor of Laws, Year II Examination held in 2010
- Justice C.G.Weeramantry Prize for the best performance in “Public International Law” at the Bachelor of Laws, Year III Examination, held in 2011
- Award for the Best Student in Diploma in International Relations Academic year 2009/2010
♦ Life Member, Bar Association of Sri Lanka.
- “A Pragmatic solution to overcome the Conflict between Right to expression and State interference: an analysis of the Sri Lankan situation”. The abstract has been published in the proceedings of the Annual Research Symposium 2013, Faculty of Law, General Sir John Kotelawala Defence University.
- “Child’s Right to Education: Evaluation of Laws and Policies in Sri Lanka” The abstract has been published in the proceedings of the at the Annual Research Symposium 2014 in Faculty of Law, University of Colombo.(2014).
- An analysis of the child’s right to education with reference to the legal framework governing child labour in sri lanka” The abstract has been published in the proceedings of the at the Annual Research Symposium 2014 in Faculty of Law, University of Colombo.(2015).
- “The Nature and Developments of Public International Law” The Law Magazine of Neethi Gaveshi 2012, Faculty of law, University of Colombo.