Mr. A. Sarwesvaran
Department of Private and Comparative Law Faculty of Law, University of Colombo, Colombo-03, Sri Lanka. Phone: 00 94 71 8381145 (Mobile) Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- LL.B (Hons) (University of Colombo)
- M.A in International Peace Studies (UPEACE – UN Affiliated University) (Costa Rica)
- M.Phil in Labour Law (University of Colombo)
- Attorney –at-Law of the Supreme Court of Sri Lanka
♦ Labour Law/Employment Law
♦ Environmental Law
♦ Law of Equity and Trusts
♦ Conflict and Peace Studies
♦ Labour Law/Labour Studies
♦ Environmental Law/Environmental Conflicts
♦ Conflict and Peace Studies
♦ Sustainable Development/Sustainable Touris
Developed curricula for following postgraduate course modules at UPEACE – UN Affiliated University for Peace in Costa Rica:
Foundation Course: Conflict and Peace Studies (Pages 107)
Sustainable Development and Peace (Pages 105)
Available at http://www.upsam.upeace.org/deliverables/
- Asia Leadership Fellow – ALFP Fellow (Japan)
- Gold Medal in the Category of Industrial Law in the Legal Writing Competition for Juniors (2001), Bar Association of Sri Lanka
- Gold Medal in the Category of Industrial Law in the Legal Writing Competition for Juniors (2000), Bar Association ofSri Lanka
- Faculty of Graduate Studies, University of Colombo
- Legal Division, Open University of Sri Lanka
- Department of Law, University of Jaffna
- National Institute of Labour Studies
Occasional Lecturer :
- Judges’ Institute of Sri Lanka
- University of Moratuwa
- International Union for Conservation of Nature(IUCN – Sri Lanka)
- International Labour Organization(ILO, Sri Lanka)
- Human Rights Commission of Sri Lanka
- National Peace Council
- Centre for the Study of Human Rights (CSHR)
♦ Senior Consultant, Law Review Project/UNDP Project, Human Rights Commission of Sri Lanka, 2002-2004
♦ Member of the World Commission on Environmental Law (WCEL), International Union for Conservation of Nature (IUCN)
♦ Life Member of the Bar Association of Sri Lanka
- Writing a Book in Labour Law of Sri Lanka
- Contributed for the Guidebook on the Rights of the Child in Sri Lanka, International Development Law Organization, 2007
- “Just and Equitable Concept in the Industrial Disputes Act of Sri Lanka”
- “A Critique of the Industrial Law of Sri Lanka in the Context of Foreign Investment” , The Bar Association Law Journal, (2000) Vol. VIII Part II, at p. M148.
- “The Creative Role of the Appellate Courts in the Development of Industrial Law under the Industrial Disputes Act.”, Bar Association Law Journal, (2001) Vol. IX Part I at 108.
- “Some Legal Aspects of the Duties and Powers of a Labour Tribunal Relating to Termination of Services”, Labour Tribunal Journal, 2003, Volume 1 – Part 5, at 42.
- “HIV/AIDS and Employment: An Assessment of the Legal Responses available in Sri Lanka in light of International Standards”
- “An Assessment of the Legal Response to Reconcile Conflict between Work and Family Responsibilities in Sri Lanka”
- Seminar Paper (Recent): “Path to Reconciliation in Sri Lanka
- “A Critical Evaluation of the Termination of Employment of Workmen (Special Provisions) Act in light of balancing the Interests of Employers, Workmen and the State”, Annual Research Symposium 2011, University of Colombo.
- “An Evaluation of Sri Lankan Labour Standards in the light of the Core Conventions of the International Labour Organization”, Annual Research Symposium 2010, University of Colombo.
- “Judicial Approach for Promotion of Good Governance of Natural Resources in Sri Lanka”, Annual Research Conference 2010, University of Jaffna.